Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I want to be on Ellen day 1 :)

Happy day before Thanksgiving! I can't help but to be so thankful for our son, our health, my family and friends. Also thank you to all who serve in our US Military Forces. Every year Andy and I try and give back but truly they give to us. I am and will always be a proud Army wife. Andy and I's Thanksgiving over the years have been in Germany where the Turkey didn't fit on the oven but we shared the half frozen one with great friends, in Paris and him in Iraq and the following year just getting back from Iraq. It is a very special time for us.

I have been packing for Thanksgiving with the in laws and so happy to report that after not drying my jeans after I washed them they still fit!!!! Yahoo....Ok, so this is just my arrival out. Thanksgiving is more formal, they wear dark wash in Meadville.:)))I actually packed 5 pair of black pants because lets face it, there are so many contributing factors as to how something may fit. Then I packed the back up dress, tights and boots in case nothing was to my liking. (and my husband wonders why we have three suitcases for 4 days plus two extras for shoes and toiletry's:))) Is it really so wrong to wear heels in snow? Florida girl.....


My main objective is to avoid anything I can actually enjoy tomorrow. So no sides, ugh.... Sides are the best. My Mom was a Georgia peach so we have always been traditional. Green bean salad, deviled eggs, turkey, stuffing (the normal kind) and some sort of potato. I personally do not understand why someone takes a perfectly good sweet potato and covers it in marshmallow's and coconut. On an average people gain 6 pounds between Thanksgiving and New Years. What to do!!!! Maybe I will down a turkey leg while on the treadmill!

Still job hunting, life searching and feeling so blessed for my son. On Thanksgiving, this is what is most important.

So Happy Thanksgiving to all! Hug your family, friends and a stranger (but don't get arrested doing it:)

Much love from the Linz family~

1 comment:

Joy in AL said...

Hugs to you too girl!

Thank you for your service.
God Bless!