Thursday, January 30, 2014

Blue Rose

I have been involved with many non profits over the years. Having been a Director with the American Heart Association and a survivor, I can say that most who are committed are because it has effected them in some way. The Blue Rose story touched me in a personal way. One, I am a Mother and secondly I am the Mother of a former preemie. As I sat in the NICU for 165 days with my son, I saw loss. Its the worst pain and the worse fear.

 I am so honored to be involved with this organization and I wanted to share their story.

The Story

The Blue Rose song is dedicated to my daughter, Taryn Maryse - my Blue Rose
It seems like just yesterday when I was transferred by ambulance as a patient from a Daytona, Florida hospital to Arnold Palmer Hospital for Women and Children because my baby was going to be born prematurely. I remember being told that my baby would receive better and more advanced care there, and this is where my relationship with this hospital began. While the event that left a hole in my heart gradually faded into the recesses of my mind, I cannot deny that the past 18 years seemed to have vanished away, denied of too much emotion.
Although I was never able to bring my tiny daughter, Taryn Maryse, home - I recognized that her dignity was preserved in the arms of this magnificent hospital. Taryn stayed in the NICU for premature babies for one month from August to September, 1994 - and I can't think of a better place for her to have been. To this day I am glad she was there under those circumstances.
At the beginning of this difficult journey, I was angry about the loss of my baby. So I vowed to myself to never sing again, though singing was something I have done throughout my life.
It wasn't long afterward that people started coming to me, asking me to sing for this event or some happening, and I couldn't say "No." I later realized that my way of forgiving and dealing with my personal tragedy was to sing my heart out. Singing was actually easier than talking during this difficult time in my life. To help me get through it all, I now believe that the gift of song came as a rescue to me.
Time has now passed to 2012. Included on the Blue Rose Song page I have written how the song Blue Rose was born. Please visit the "Blue Rose Song" page to get the rest of the details. I believe you will find it interesting!
The main theme of the Blue Rose song is that "Anything's Possible…" in our lives if we make it so - and have the right mind-set about whatever our journey may be, realizing that life has its challenges along the way and things aren't perfect. You understand…
Perhaps you may even have a Blue Rose of some kind too…in your own personal experience.
I hope you enjoy this song - a labor of love written in a sparkling and positive spirit - and through it realize inspiration in your life for whatever resides in your hopes and dreams.
http://www.bluerosepress.com/story.html

Hug someone today~Here's to your heart~

No comments: