As I am sitting here writing this I am still trying to grasp this. In 2000 I was lost. My Father had just passed in July from a heart attack at 54 and my Mom was trying to help. So I was living in an apartment in Palm Harbor, Florida and my Mom called me to come outside. She could not take the stairs. She was 50 at the time but heart disease was taking its toll. I went downstairs and my Mom gave me a small furry "thing". 1 lb, 8oz....I thought she was a Gerbil! It was a puppy, she was a puppy. At that point, I became a Mom.
Our first journey was to Publix (groceries) and I had a Kate Spade bucket bag so I took her with me. Besides the fact that she rolled over in my lap on the way there and stuck her head out at the store....I was in. Why is her name Halo?
When my Daddy passed I was obsessed with beanie babies. This is what the tag said.
When you sleep, I'm always here
Don't be afraid, I am near
Watching over you with lots of love
Your guardian angel from up above!
Just praying and anyone who knows puppy love will understand. Halo is my true Angel that has gotten me through the loss of both parents, deployments, sickness and health. I would give her my kidney if I could.
Praying she bounces back and I'm just lost. She loves me unconditionally.
My heart hurts~
No comments:
Post a Comment