I have been asked many times why and how I got involved in pageants. They get a bad rap, truly but they saved me at a time I really needed saving. I came back from AADA/UF and by some grace was hired full time as as a model on HSN (then HSC ) as a model. It was an amazing letter. Someone who never met me believed or saw something in me. She encouraged me to compete in Miss Seminole Florida MAO. Who did not want to be Miss America. I just never knew how. I was a bit lost for many reasons and it gave me focus so I tried. Oh...geez....my theatrical background and my lack of tan...well.....what it did give me was family. Needless to say, I did not win that year. What I did gain was an amazing Mother.
I won Miss Seminole a few years later and Denny and Judy Pieczonka took me in to their home as their daughter and loved me through Miss Florida and beyond.
Today is my "Mom" Judy's Birthday and I love you. Thank you for always loving me, believing in me, and your amazing applesauce. You and Denny are forever in my heart and parents to me. I hope I didn't cause you to much trouble! Happy Anniversary's you two also.Love you!
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUDY PIECZONCKA!
No comments:
Post a Comment