Saturday, September 29, 2012

Grandma Carter

I feel like I should say something profound today. I just dont see that happening. I am sitting in what has come to be a normal place for me, and I dont say that as a martyr but just a part of life, but preparing for yet another funeral service. Our Grandmother passed away yesterday from heart disease. She went through two heart surgeries and just did not want another. Grandma Carter and yes Carter's namesake and Great Grandmother.

Good and bad things always come from funerals. After my parents there was the suicide and just the craziness. With all of that, I no longer have a sister in my life that I probably should but family wounds are the hardest to heal because they are personal and we as a human race are just stubborn.

The good is that the family will come together. We will look at each other with flaws in our mind. Did she gain weight, does he have a job, why werent they ther enough and the list goes on and on. The end of the day, we are together and probably drunk.

We and I say we because I am one of the guily one's....do not make time on a daily basis to say hey, how are you...thinking of you....love you. Yet somehow we find the time at funerals. Time to not say...hey, I love you....miss you...and so much more.

Phyliss Carter was an amazing lady, Mother, Grandma and so much more. May your golden wings fly and might I add that I hope they have shrimp and some white zin in heaven. love you.

No comments: