Thursday, May 14, 2009


I am excited to be helping out with the American Heart Associations Recess at the Gym Day!!!!! I am sure I will have plenty of pictures to post!!!




Recess at the Gym Day of Plan:



What: Recess at the Gym is the finale to the inaugural Recess by the River program hosted by the American Heart Association with support from CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield, DC Parks and Recreation, National Association of Teen Fitness and Exercise, the Washington Redskins and DC Divas. The day will serve to reward up to 200 children who participated in the program by engaging in healthy activities from September through April. The program focuses on youth from Wards 7 and 8, which have the highest levels of childhood obesity in the nation.

The day’s activities include dance class, a nutrition seminar, an obstacle course with the DC Divas, strength training and a presentation of two Wii game systems to the Ward 7 and Ward 8 Rec Centers with the highest level of participation in the program.

No comments: